One of the attractions of working at home is the vision of freedom it invokes — no time clock, no time sheets, and no one to account for how you spend your time. Yes, it is an attractive proposition, but like so many attractive propositions there is a heavy downside — you are likely wasting a lot of time.
An agenda for the day can greatly increase your productivity and decrease your stress. If you don’t think you need a schedule for your home business then think again, because without a schedule:
- It’s too easy to waste time doing non priority tasks
- It’s too easy to get sidetracked or distracted from your current task
- Unscheduled work time can often overlap into your free time until you don’t have any free time at all
- Your free time can overlap into your work time until you fall behind with important projects
- Concentrating your time and effort on highest priority projects means more gets done
If you are the type of person who started their own business because you found other people’s schedules restrictive, then you may resist setting up your own. But you will find that following your schedule, aligned with your goals, is far more freeing than restrictive!
Give us a shout if you need help identifying your goals and planning your time around them!